Netkiller is a trusted partner of Spanning Backup and can help users and businesses implement Backup solutions for Google Apps environments.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps
Your Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts and Sites will be automatically backed up daily to a private and secure sector of the AWS cloud with Spanning Backup for Google Apps. The solution protects copies of all your information, so if the original copy is compromised, you can rely on our intuitive interface to rapidly and accurately restore your data.
Spanning Backup employs multiple layers of operation and physical security to ensure the integrity and safety of your data, including:
- SSAE 16 compliance: Spanning was the first cloud-to-cloud backup provider to successfully complete the SSAE 16 Type II audit process, a rigorous evaluation of repeatable operational and technical controls.
- Strong encryption: Spanning Backup protects data at rest with 256-bit AES object-level encryption (one of the strongest block ciphers available), with unique, randomly generated encryption keys for every single object and a rotating master key protecting the unique keys. All data in transit are also protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Intrusion detection: Our systems constantly guard against intrusion with log analysis, file integrity checking, policy monitoring, rootkit detection, real-time alerting, and active response.
- Compartmentalized access: Access to production servers is granted only to named Spanning employees who have specific operational requirements. Changes to the production environment access control list are tracked and auditable.
- Virtual private cloud: Spanning Backup runs within a private, isolated section of the Amazon Web Services cloud where we maintain AWS resources in a secure, virtual network.
- Third-party certifications and audits: Spanning Backup operates within the Amazon Web Services cloud, which is ISO 27001 certified, has completed multiple SAS-70 Type II audits, and publishes a SOC 1 report under both the SSAE 16 and the ISAE 3402 professional standards. Spanning Backup has also earned TRUSTe privacy and security seals and is certified under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.